Unit 1 Can you play the guitar?
Section A (1a-2d)
guitar, sing, swim, dance, chess, play chess, draw, speak, speak English, join, club
① —Can you play the guitar? —Yes, I can./ No, I can't.
② —What can you do? —I can dance.
③ —What club do you want to join? —I want to join the chess club.
want to do sth.的用法
Ⅰ. Lead in
一边说: I can play the guitar.…等;再指着图片说：He/She can play the violin.But I can’t play it.等;然后询问学生：Can you play the guitar?….并引导学生进行简单的回答。
2. Ss look at 乌鲁木齐哪家医院治癫痫好the picture in 1a. Then read the words and phrases. Let Ss match the
activities with the people.
Then Check the answers with the class together.
出示一些反映各种活动的图片、幻灯片或播放课件，引导学生谈论活动： He/She can dance/swim/sing/"··But I can’t dance/swim/sing/...等，学习表达活动的动词短语。
Ⅲ. Game (What can I do?)
T: Tell your partners what you can do. For example:
I can play the guitar. I can sing and dance.
Ss work in groups. The let some Ss talk to their classmates in front of the class. Ⅳ. Listening
1. T: Now let’s listen to the tape, find out the right conversation, and number them
2. Check the answers: (3, 2, 1 )
Ⅴ. Pair work
1. Ask the Ss to practice the conversations in 1b with a partner. Then make their own conversations.
1. Work on 2a;
T: Now, look at t癫痫病有生命危险吗he pictures on P2, listen to the four conversations. Just listen.
(Play the recording for the first time, students only listen carefully.)
Then, listen to the recording again, and circle the clubs you hear.
Check the answers with the class.
2. Work on 2b;
Check the answers with the Ss.
Ⅶ. Pair work
1. Look at 2b and talk about what the people can do and the clubs they want to join. 老师可以和一名优秀的学生做一个对话的例子，让学生们明白如何去问答，
T: What club does Lisa want to join?
S1: She wants to join the chess club.
T: Can she play chess?
S1: No, she can't.
2. Ss work in pairs to practice asking and answer about Lisa, Bob and Mary.
3. Ask some pairs to act out their conversations.
1. Ask Ss to look at the picture in 2d. Then Ss read the dialogue by themselves and try
to find out the answers to these questi宁夏哪家医院治疗方法好ons.
① What club does Bob join?
② What club does Jane join?
Ss read the conversation by themselves and find the answers to the questions. Then check the answers:
① Bob joins the soccer club. ② Jane joins the English and art club.
2. Explain something that Ss can't understand.
3. Let Ss read after the teacher or play the recording and let Ss read after the
4. Ss work in pairs to act out the conversation.
5. Ask some pairs come to the front of the classroom. They try to act out the conversation. See which group is the best.
1. Remember the new words and expressions after class.
2. Recite the conversation after class.
3. Write English names as many as possible in the exercises book.
Mr. White has a small shop in the middle of our town， and he sells pictures in it. They are not expensive ones， but some of them are very beautiful.
Last Saturday， a woman came into the shop and saw a lot of pictur癫痫药物对大脑有哪些危害？es. Then she pointed to one of them and asked， “How much is the picture with horses in a field?”
“Twenty pounds， Madam.” Mr. White answered. The woman closed her eyes for a few seconds and said， “I can only give you two pounds for it.”
“Two pounds?” Mr. White said angrily. “I spent more than two pounds in buying canvas.”
“Oh， but they were clean， then.” said the woman.